Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fátima
Helper II
Helper II

Problem deleting empty rows when transforming data

Hi! I have a table with about 10000 registries. I want to remove the rows that has a column set to null. I have done "Remove Rows -> Remove Blank Rows" twice. The first time it did remove a few, but the second time it didn't, and I still have many blank rows. Do you know why this might be happening and how can I remove all of the blank ones?

Sin título-1.jpg

Thanks! Regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JadhavVarsha_13
Resolver II
Resolver II

1. In Power Query, you apply a filter to the column so that it does not include nulls.
  2. Regardless of the column, you remove rows that are blank. Start menu. Remove Rows option, Remove Blank Rows option.

When you filter values out of a column in the query editor, it's essentially the same as deleting them. Those values will not be loaded to your data model, which will have the benefits of decreasing your load time and having fewer rows to process your calculations against.

JadhavVarsha_13_0-1679399158411.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JadhavVarsha_13
Resolver II
Resolver II

1. In Power Query, you apply a filter to the column so that it does not include nulls.
  2. Regardless of the column, you remove rows that are blank. Start menu. Remove Rows option, Remove Blank Rows option.

When you filter values out of a column in the query editor, it's essentially the same as deleting them. Those values will not be loaded to your data model, which will have the benefits of decreasing your load time and having fewer rows to process your calculations against.

JadhavVarsha_13_0-1679399158411.png

That worked perfectly! Thanks! 😁

dilshad_ahmed
Frequent Visitor

Hi @Fátima :

Click on the status bar and "Column Profiling based on the entire data set"

Sin título-1.jpg

Hope  it helps, Please mark my answer as solution

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.