Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

richrich123
Helper III
Helper III

Preview Error

Hi,

Since I upgraded to latest version, I am getting preview errors on multiple tables, was fine before. I have seen a few other people have started getting this since upgrade but none of the items suggested have resolved this. On one table (Dyanmcs (Incident Resolutions), I am only pulling 5 columns.

richrich123_0-1685609340600.png

I need to edit my fields under 'removed columns' but can't as I am getting the error "we cannot modify this step becasue there is are error steps, please resolve those errors first

richrich123_1-1685609360375.png

Im also getting the same problem with the systemusers table. Some others are fine.

I tried disabling this as was suggested on another post but didn't help:

richrich123_2-1685609507075.png

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
richrich123
Helper III
Helper III

@v-yiruan-msft , Im not familar with TRF as suggested in that post but either way, I cant see rolling back will help me becuase if I create a brand new PBI and just get the users or case table, it still gives this error as soon as I select the table and hit the transform button.

v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @richrich123 ,

I found that there is one similar thread as yours, hope its solution can help you solve your problem.

Solved: Re: Preview.Error: The type of the current preview... - Microsoft Fabric Community

I updated to the latest version of Power BI, but now It's not loading at all. Refreshin just get stuck with the system users table. The steps Source and Navigation seem to be the problem, as the table does load the steps after those. But with refreshing it just gets stuck at 28 kb, while other tables load normally. 

EDIT:
Problem has been solved. I reverted back to an older version of the file (using tfs) and the issue wasn't there. The only difference is a few steps in the query that change the data type of columns. Very weird, but it works now haha  

If the above one can't help you, could you please provide the following info for further investigation?

1. What's the version of your Power BI Desktop? Can it work if revert back the version of your Power BI Desktop to older one?
  2. Did you make any change on your pbix file?
  3. What's the data source of your report?
  4. The applied codes of the tables which occurred the errorvyiruanmsft_2-1685945607845.png

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.