Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andrew_armst

Presenting data from multiple tables

Hi all,

I am new to powerBI to please forgive my ignorance or bad explination.  

We have 6 identical sharepoint lists that we want to combine into a PowerBI dashboard.  We have one list per company location that records: dates, names, status (absent/returned), comments etc. Every list is identical just the data in the fields differs.

I want to be able for example to display the Status of the staff as a whole corporation but then filter down into each individual site.  Problem is, I have no idea how to do this.  I can combine the tables into a new table but then I am unable to filter by site. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jairoaol
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

each list creates a column with the name of the site to which they correspond.

then if you perform the append process.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jairoaol
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

each list creates a column with the name of the site to which they correspond.

then if you perform the append process.

The lists generated a column that contained no data, I transformed the data in this column to contain the site name. I did this for every list. After that as you said, it was a simple case of then combining the data and filtering as I saw fit.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Cseneff

Hi Andrew,

Could you combine all the tables then add a new column that ID's the site?

I thought about trying that, but the data is constantly being added too.  I didn't know if the new records would fill in the new column.  I could amend the form and lists to incliude the sites.   But if there is a way of doing this via power BI then I would rather do that.

I should note I have combined the tables into one table to test out an overall corporation view.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.