Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IhnoHanuschka
Regular Visitor

Pre-Login Handshake Error with Dataverse as data source

Hi all,
when I want to create a new Dataverse data source in PBI desktop, I get the following error (see screenshot below)

DataSource.Error: Microsoft SQL: A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - Der angegebene Netzwerkname ist nicht mehr verfügbar.)
Details:
DataSourceKind=CommonDataService
DataSourcePath=eoscrm.crm4.dynamics.com
Message=A connection was successfully established with the server, but then an error occurred during the pre-login handshake. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - Der angegebene Netzwerkname ist nicht mehr verfügbar.)
ErrorCode=-2146232060
Number=64
Class=20

The error occurs with different version of PBI desktop and different users, and with all our environments.
Searching the forum, I came across similiar issues with SQL Server but not with Dataverse - so all possible solutions didn't apply here.

Any ideas? Thanks and best regards, Ihno

IhnoHanuschka_0-1654601024411.png

6 REPLIES 6
IhnoHanuschka
Regular Visitor

Hi @mcguija , currently, we don't use that report any more, I think it started to work again but don't remember well.
So - I can't give any details, sorry... 🤷‍♂️

Ok, no problem, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Hi, I m facing same issue but no relevant solution found for Dataverse & PowerBI combination. if you able to solve please share solution.

mcguija
Helper III
Helper III

Hello, was this issue solved?

IhnoHanuschka
Regular Visitor

Thanks, @v-easonf-msft ! Before posting here, I had cleared all Connections so that I had to log in again.
However, I didn't clear caches as I have no clue which cache to clear and how to do that... Can you give me a hint?

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @IhnoHanuschka 

It seems not a Power BI or Power Query issue. 

It may be just transient errors, please try again after clearing credentials and cache.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.