Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

sdavi113
Regular Visitor

Power bi into ASP.NET MVC

Hello all. I am a new, recent downloader of Power bi and am really appreciating what it can do for me! But I have a question that I am unsure of and need some help with this one.

OK. So I have a ASP.NET MVC Web Application in Visual Studio which uses the default SQL Server that is given inside of VS. It is storing the database tables in (localdb)\MSSQLLocalDB ... I created a table a while ago and am looking at two fields to be visible on a chart from Power bi, PlayerID and TotalHits. There are 10 players (as of right now) and each of them has a different amount of TotalHits from different Sessions. I added a new record today inside of VS and Power bi picked up that information.

So my question is, how can I/ is there a way to integrate my Power bi charts into my ASP.NET MVC Web Application that would also update when loaded if new data has been added to the database. It would be pointless to integrate a file right now that could not be updated as that is what I am trying to avoid. Please let me know if there is a way to go about this problem. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@sdavi113

You can load tiles into iFrame and integrate into your web application. It just get tiles/dashboards from your Power BI Service, if your database is not on cloud, you can install a gateway and configure refresh. For more details, please see: Integrate a tile into an app

Regards,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@sdavi113

You can load tiles into iFrame and integrate into your web application. It just get tiles/dashboards from your Power BI Service, if your database is not on cloud, you can install a gateway and configure refresh. For more details, please see: Integrate a tile into an app

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabcon_Europe_Social_Bogo

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.