Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Power automate button clicking

Hello,

I have a power automate button which takes a selection of measures and responces from a report based on a customer filter and sends them off for approval then writeback to the model then removing the completed items from the model. All of it works nicely and Im happy with the flow.

My bug bear is that the button triggers for each click. Most people will double click which triggers the button twice then some will single click. I have got around all this by returning only the most recent event but it seems an extraneous step to me.

Anyone know if theres a way to enforce a single click on the button till some other event happens? In my case it would be a change to the customer filter. I poked about in the formatting options but there doesnt seem to be any control of the clicking.

Cheers

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

For anyone whos irritated by this, there is a solution. Rather than powerautomate, use powerapps. You can enforce the OnSelect behaviour. End result is maybe a little better as I can have a submit and Edit button rather than just submit. That doesnt mean that the Powerautomate button couldnt be be made a little better and its functionality improved but in my specific use case I believe powerapps was the better choice.

Cheers

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

For anyone whos irritated by this, there is a solution. Rather than powerautomate, use powerapps. You can enforce the OnSelect behaviour. End result is maybe a little better as I can have a submit and Edit button rather than just submit. That doesnt mean that the Powerautomate button couldnt be be made a little better and its functionality improved but in my specific use case I believe powerapps was the better choice.

Cheers

christinepayton
Super User
Super User

No, I agree that the Power Automate button could use some extra features... I would also like to see it display whether or not the flow actually succeeded when it runs. You might ping the #PBICoreVisuals hashtag on LinkedIn with feedback for this core visual - the visuals program manager at MS monitors it and is collecting feedback there. 

v-junyant-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @samdthompson ,

Currently, Power BI does not offer built-in functionality specifically to enforce single-click behavior on the Power Automate button or to disable it temporarily after the first click. The Power Automate visual is designed to trigger the flow with each click, which, as you've noticed, can lead to multiple triggers if users double-click.

However, I can suggest a workaround that might help manage this behavior:
1. Modify the Flow to Check for Recent Executions: You could add a condition at the beginning of your flow to check if it has been executed recently (e.g., in the last few seconds) for the same user or the same set of data. If it has, you can terminate the flow early. This approach requires maintaining a log of executions, possibly in a SharePoint list or a database, where each execution is timestamped.
2. Use a Confirmation Step: Introduce a confirmation step at the beginning of your flow. After the button is clicked, the flow can send a confirmation message (e.g., via email or Teams) asking the user to confirm the action. Only proceed with the rest of the flow if confirmation is received. This adds an extra step but can prevent duplicate executions.

Or you can remind users. While not a technical solution, informing users about the single-click requirement for the Power Automate button through training or a note within the report can help reduce unintentional double-clicks.

Best Regards,
Dino Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.