Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power Query - Creating a list of previous days from today's date

Hi, I'm trying to create a dynamic table in Power Query that makes a list of dates from a predetermined date to today. Currently, I have an equation that simply adds a set amount of days to a date. Is there a way for me to write a formula to do that dynamically, given today's date and a given begin date?

Conceptually, I want to do something like today() - date, and then insert that value into my forumla before...but I'm too inexperienced with the notation to do it.

Important - I need to do this in Query because I am merging a bunch of tables before loading the table.

Example Below:

Capture2.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

HIi @Anonymous 

List.Dates(#date(2019,10,01),Number.From(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow())-#date(2019,10,01))+1,#duration(1,0,0,0))

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving kudos if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlB
Super User
Super User

HIi @Anonymous 

List.Dates(#date(2019,10,01),Number.From(Date.From(DateTime.LocalNow())-#date(2019,10,01))+1,#duration(1,0,0,0))

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving kudos if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AlB perfect, thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.