Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

wandrade
Regular Visitor

Power KPI Matrix - Time Format

Hello!

Does anybody know can I change the format of a row-based KPI to be shown in minutes : seconds, using the Power KPI Matrix visual in Power BI?

I know it can be changed to currency or % using the syntax $, 0.00 or #,0.00%, respectively; however I do not know which syntax to use for the Current Value and Comparison Value to be displayed in mm:ss format (this is a KPI for a call center's handle time, which is in minutes : seconds).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Capture.PNG

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the exact same issue, using a dashboard to display KPI data.  Is there a way to format individual metrics for time, as in the example above? 

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @wandrade 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

I just want to confirm if you resolved this issue? If yes, you can accept the answer helpful as the solution or share you method and accept it as solution, thanks for your contribution to improve Power BI.

If you need more help, please let me know.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi! I still have not figured out how to solve this, I tried Shaurya's advice but it dodn't work. Could you help me? I believe this must be somehting in the syntax, I mean if we can display the results in % and $ we should be able to show time as well, I'd say. 

Shaurya
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @wandrade,

Extract the minute and seconds part and store it in a new column. Use that column as the field in your card.

Column = CONCATENATE(CONCATENATE(CONVERT(MINUTE('Table'[Time]),STRING),":"),CONVERT(SECOND('Table'[Time]),STRING))

Mark this post as a solution if that works for you!
Check out this blog of mine: How to Export Telemetry Data from Azure IoT Central into Power BI

thanks for your reply. I tried this but it didn't work, since this has be tied to the row-based metric, when I add a second field to the Row Base Metric name it messes up all the other KPIs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.