Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gokul_G16
Resolver I
Resolver I

Power BI matrix table back ground color column can't be changed issue:

Hi All, / @Thennarasu_R 

Please find he below snap for your reference , i have matrix table like below format. In power BI matrix table how to give the different backgroud color for this..

Please kindly need your thoughts here...

Note : I have just enabled the column header option in switch values to rows rather than column..

Gokul_G16_0-1672821477696.png

Regards,
Gokul

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Gokul_G16 

If you are doing it for 3 columns, create these columns in 3 different ways as a calculation. then add to the value part of your matrix (measure a, measure B, measure C)

When you put it in the value field, the field formatting part will become active. Thus, you will be able to make special formatting on the basis of calculation.

EzgiAslankara_0-1672826263285.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best regards 🙂

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thanks for update, Actaully i would be drive only month wise details, In the matrix table column header should be different color , for like Apr'22 to Aug'22 - Green , Sep'22 to Dec'22- Red, Jan'23 to Mar'23- Yellow.

Can you please check this type of scenario will applicapable or not!.

Thanks,
Gokul.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Gokul_G16 

If you make the format settings in the Field Formatting field as in the screenshot below, then activate the "Apply to header" option and disable the others, only the header of that column will change.

EzgiAslankara_0-1672906593364.png

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Gokul_G16 , I matrix visual we can do conditional formatting on column fields. we can choose a color for a column field.

Dear @amitchandak ,

I was trying for bewlow snap like, our requirement needed, while am just conert the column field to row header option values enbled,
Can u please find the below snap like , I need to give the A,B,C..column should be in different color is our requirement ..

Gokul_G16_0-1672825602669.png

Regards, 
Gokul

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.