Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

andershs
Frequent Visitor

Matrix-visual: Colour layout of last dimension (column) in Rows

Hi all

A minor issue, we have encountered repeatedly without being able to correct it.

When we use the Matrix-visual in Power BI Desktop, the last dimension added to Rows will have the same alternating colour as the values in the visual. I would expect the last Rows-dimension to follow the visual representation of the other dimensions added in Rows - in this example they should have a black background colour with white text, and not alternate like the Values do.

When we drill down, this behavior is consistent for the last dimension on display. It follows the alternating row colours of the Values and not the colours of the other dimensions in Rows.

This might be due to some settings we are not familiar with.

andershs_0-1672826545001.png

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @andershs ,

When you are in the Format – Style presets – Alternating rows will show.

vyangliumsft_0-1672894014197.png

vyangliumsft_1-1672894014201.png

You can adjust it to Format – Style presets – Bold header.

vyangliumsft_2-1672894014202.png

The last row of dimensions has a black background color with white text.

vyangliumsft_3-1672894014205.png

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Liu Yang

Thanks for your response. It is really appreciated.

I have played around with the Style presets, and am actually using Bold header flashy rows. But it has the same visual layout as the Alternating rows.

andershs_0-1672906626575.png

Do you know, is this just part of the design of the style presets Alternating rows and Bold header flashy rows?

I can't think of a situation where your would want the alternating rows to also include the last column of the Rows dimensions. But this is just my uneducated opinion 🙂 There might be a very good reason for it, that I do not know.

I would actually like a mix of the two. Get the black background colour of the Bold header for all Rows dimensions and get the changing row colours of the Alternating rows for all Values. Do you know if this is possible?

Like this mockup:

andershs_1-1672907577099.png

BR

Helpful resources

Announcements
March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.