Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

R0bin
Regular Visitor

Power BI line chart: granularity of axis

Hi all,

I have a very simple task but unfortunately it does not seem to be that easy to find it in the settings.

I have a line graph in Power BI and I want to change the granularity of the y-axis (instead of 0%, 1%, 2%, it should be, e.g. 0%, 0.5%, 1%, and so on). I did not found anything helpful in the visual settings.

Picture: 

R0bin_0-1691658170686.png

Thanks very much in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
R0bin
Regular Visitor

Thanky very much for the fast reply.

Option 1 and 3 does not really change the granularity of the y-axis in my case.

Option 2 in fact does and is some kind of solution for my problem. However, this solution also appears a bit 'overengineered'/complex to me - considering the actual goal of just increase the granularity. I still wonder if it is not possible to set the distance of the marks in the settings?

Thanks!

Hey @R0bin, Greetings!

I looked up every property on the line chart and I didn't find anything that would help solve your issue. 
I found an alternate though if your dataset is small enough. There's an option to draw a constant line on the graph. Check this screenshot out: 

JaySharma_0-1691747292546.png

I understand that this is in the opposite direction from the required solution, but if you're looking for a makeshift arrangement, This might help.

Also, since the option you're looking for does not exist, you can suggest it as an idea here.

Regards,

Jay Sharma

JaySharma
Frequent Visitor

Hey @R0bin , I get what you need.
There are different ways to achieve what you're looking for. Some of them are as follows:

1. Setting the maximum range of the Y axis to the maximum value you have. (Under Visualisations -> Formatting your visual ->Visual -> Y-Axis -> Range -> Maximum to the max Y-axis value you got). JaySharma_1-1691659559937.png
  2. Using a Zoom Slider. 
    JaySharma_4-1691659756295.png
  3. Turning on Data Labels. 
    JaySharma_5-1691659840380.png

Best Regards,

Jay Sharma

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.