Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

nlakshmi
Frequent Visitor

Power BI Table

Hello,

I need help with 2 requests. I have a table as below in Power BI.

nlakshmi_0-1677253049340.png

Ocean Carrier - database field

Type - calculated column based on origin-destination

Container ID - database field

Start and Dest Units - Calculated measure based on count

Status - database field

Request 1: For the first 2 rows, the Carrier and Container ID are the same but Type is different. Is there a way to combine the two rows to show the Type as "Multiple" and total the counts?

Request 2: Again, for the first columns, because the Container ID is the same, is it possible to show the Status as "Open", because there is a value in the Start Units column? The logic is, if there is a count in the Start Units for the same container ID then show Status as "Open".

Thank you very much your help!

5 REPLIES 5
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

For Request 1:  Use the built in grouping function of the table or matrix visuals

For Request 2: Add an aggregation "Max of Status" as an implicit measure to your visual.  Since "O"  comes after "C"  this will show "Open"  wherever that appears in a group (container)

Thank you very much lbendlin.

The solution for Request 2 is exactly what I needed. Thank you!

For Request 1 though, when I group on Type - while it works for instance of rows 1&2, for the remaining rows also, the group label shows "Export & Domestic" - which is incorrect. Is there a way to conditionally change the label to the actual if multiple values do not exist. i.e show "Multiple" only if there is Domestic and Export for a container Id, else show actual.

Thank you

I can't understand how that would look like. Can you please indicate the expected outcome based on the above sample data.

Thank you lbendlin, for the response.

When I group on the Type column, here is what I get:

nlakshmi_2-1678214620434.png

Rows 1 & 2 were rolled into a single row and rightly so. But for rows, 3 -6, the Type still shows "Domestic & Export", which is incorrect.

What I'm trying to achieve though is:

nlakshmi_3-1678214700949.png

Thank you for your time!

see attached

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.