Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

surendray0218

Power BI- Risk Matrix- Scatter Chart- Count Display

Hope i get some help to resolve the issue I'm facing.

Created a Risk Matrix Below is the screenshot

surendray0218_0-1644721096155.png

Trying to create a scatter chart and show the count of coordinates that is showing in the table above. Was successful in creating scatter chart but not able to show the count value in each of the X, Y coordinate. Any guidance or support on this is greatly appreciated. See the screenshot below, instead of dots, I need to show the counts.

surendray0218_1-1644721241201.png

21 REPLIES 21
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Dear, did you manage to make the category label show the quantity and not the axes?

Best regards 🙂

surendray0218

@lbendlin here is the image that I have created. 

surendray0218_0-1644816170470.png

Kumail
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hello @surendray0218

A sample . pbix file would really help to provide you a quick solution.

Regards

Kumail Raza

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Which visual are you using for that ? None of the scatter chart visuals  that I can see support small multiples.

@lbendlin where are you seeing the small multiples?

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Want to connect?www.linkedin.com/in/theoconias

In the screenshot you posted.

@lbendlin oh, for some reason it is there but greyed out. It's the standard scatter plot in Desktop.  I think it was an oversight on the update.  There's no option to use multiples but nonetheless, in the visual options, it is present but greyed.

If I have posted a response that resolves your question, please accept it as a solution to formally close the post.

Also, if you are as passionate about Power BI, DAX and data as I am, please feel free to reach out if you have any questions, queries, or if you simply want to connect and talk to another data geek!

Yes. I see that now too.

But the category label doesn't solve the original requirement.

lbendlin_0-1644804885871.png

@lbendlin you can achieve it by removing decimals or returning a max on the value dependent upon how you've got the numbers structured.  I do it all the time when I'm generating reports for my clients and Audit / Risk Committees.

@TheoC not working for me

lbendlin_0-1644815154217.png

or 

lbendlin_1-1644815187202.png

but not both.

TheoC
Super User
Super User

Hi @surendray0218 

Well done on the Risk Matrix!  Looks epic! 

If you turn the Category Labels on, you should get a value for each of the items on the scatter chart (using Visual pane options) and this should give the total count for each marker.

TheoC_0-1644791890250.png

Hoping that's what you're after? If not, let me know.

Cheers,
Theo

Thanks @TheoC , i have tried the solution that you have suggested. Insted of the count of the risks, It's displaying the Risk Rating of that Particular quardrent. Looks like the solution is infront of me and not able to figure out. 

See the screenshots:

surendray0218_0-1644808311835.pngsurendray0218_1-1644808353626.pngsurendray0218_2-1644808377424.png

Also in the visual, the Dots have moved out of the plot area. Not sure why.

Thanks a lot for the support and guidance.

@surendray0218 use the MAX on the value rather than the SUM.  Also, just check the values of your X Axis. Not sure why it's showing 6?  In both likelihood (probability) and consequence, max runs at 5 on both axis. For some reason, yours is showing 6?

When I tried the Max, the size of the bubble has increased, that's it :-). For display reasons I have used the X and Y Axis values 0-6. 

X and Y Values:

surendray0218_0-1644809216863.png

When i changed Sum to Max

surendray0218_1-1644809254597.png

The solution that I'm trying to achieve I could able to show in Matrix (Below is the screenshot), but mu management wants in above format.

surendray0218_2-1644809350437.png

this is caused by the summing of Impact and Probability. Remove the aggregations for the x and y axis fields.

Can you share your background image?

@surendray0218 from what I am assuming management want to see is the residual risk rating of each risk (i.e. Likelihood x Consequence). In theory, this should give each risk a rating out of 25 and each quantitative rating should have an accompanying qualitative rative of low through extreme (or chatastrophic, or something else subject to your organisation's risk management framework).  Are you trying to show the Risk Rating (i.e. out of 25) or are you trying to show the axis rating (i.e. out of 5)?

@surendray0218 and @lbendlin 

Here is the output you're after:

TheoC_0-1644817839734.png

@surendray0218 @lbendlin 

Apologies! Been with clients.  Okay, so you want to do the following:

1. Do a measure Max Likelihood = MAX ( Table[Likelihood] )
  2. Do a measure Max Consequence = MAX ( Table[Consequence] )
  3. Do a Calculated Column = Table[Likelihood] * Table[Consequence]
  4. Add the Measures on the X and Y Axis
  5. Add the Calculated Column as the Details field.

TheoC_1-1644817914252.png

Apologies for earlier as I wasn't making very much sense when I was referring to the MAX and Risk Ratings. Hopefully the above makes more sense.

Also, you can change the Details to whatever you want and that will change the Category Label 🙂

Hope this helps!

Theo

@surendray0218 did this resolve your issue? If so, please accept as solution. 

Can you add the risk rating to the Size well?  or would that not make sense?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.