Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dpimental
Regular Visitor

Power App with Power BI Bulk Update

I have a report using the desktop version of Power BI and using the Power Apps I can update records in that report, one at a time. Is there a way to do a bulk update to those records using the Power App. For example filter a number of records and update the status field to "Yes". I am using an Excel Workbook from OneDrive.

4 REPLIES 4
VishalJhaveri
Resolver III
Resolver III

Yes, you can do that. 
You can use a gallery and pass the PowerBiIntegration.Data in the gallery. So now all the Power BI Data will be coming inside the gallery as record.
Now you have 2 options:  [As you have not mentioned what and how to filter, exactly]

1. Create a dropdown for filter purpose which will filter the gallery data based upon the item/value selected in the dropdown. And if it serves the purpose and all the data matches inside the gallery whose value you want to update the status field to "Yes". then create the button where you can make use of forall Patch and update appropriately to bulk-update.
  2. Bring all the data in the gallery. No filters. Use checkmark controls and put it inside each record. Checkmark the records which are to be updated. Make use of a button control. Write a code on that button control which bulk updates the checkmarked records. (First store the checkmarked records in the collection & then make use of forall patch and update to bulk update)

Thank you. 
    If my answer helps you, please mark it as solution.
    FYI: I have created several Power Apps(Canvas Apps) and also embedded a Power Apps in Power BI which makes me eligible to write this answer. Feel free to reach out if you have any queries on the same.

Thanks. I may do that.

dpimental

Thanks Vishaljhaveri. I will give that a try. Much appreciate.

dpimental

SanikaT
Helper I
Helper I

Hello,

Yes, I think you can bulk updates to the report.

In Power Apps, by adding a new screen and add a table or gallery to display the records you want to update.

Set up the filters as per your requirement. 

Set a button that will trigger the bulk update process.

And patch it with the file on Onedrive.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.