Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sheeba
Regular Visitor

Postgres to PowerBI connection through ODBC

Hi,

I am trying to connect Postgres(cloud server) to Power BI, I initially downloaded 64 bit PSQLODBC server got the below error and then i uninstalled 64 bit and reinstalled 32 bit PSQLODBC server, still getting the same error

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found.

Can anyone help to fix this issue and get it working.... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @sheeba ,

I'd like to suggest you contact the author of 'npgsql' and report this issue and waiting for compatibility update or try to use old version 'npgsql'.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi, first of all, where is this postgres? because if it's on aws we have a problem, you need some configurations on your machine certificates. When you add the odbc configuration, is the test connection working? you didn't specify is the problem is connecting  power bi or the odbc. In case odbc windows configuration is not working, can you show how are you connecting so we can help?

Other thing, did you try the Postgres Connector instead of odbc?

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi Ibarrau,

Thanks for your response.

Postgres is in Google cloud.  I tested the ODBC test connection and the message displayed as test successful. When i try to connect Power BI with ODBC then i get the below error.

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [IM003] Specified driver could not be loaded due to system error 126: The specified module could not be found. (PostgreSQL ANSI, C:\Program Files\Tableau\Drivers\psqlODBC\0906\bin\psqlodbc30a.dll)."

i tried to connect the database through postgres directly, i downloaded npgsql-4.1.1 but still did not connect.

So both the ways i was unsuccessful in connecting to the postgres DB. Please help

Thanks & Regards,

HI @sheeba ,

According to your error message, it seems like more related to your odbc driver configure and library, please double-check on your software environment to confirm they compatible with power bi connector.
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi,

Thank you.  I am now trying to "get data" through "PostgreSQL database" route, hence i uninstalled my previous versions of npgsql and reinstalled npgsql and this time it allowed me to enter my server detail and database detail, unfortunately, the next step gave the below error:

Any help on how to troubleshoot the below error:

Details: "An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'Could not load file or assembly 'System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Unsafe, Version=4.0.4.1, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.'"

Thanks

Sheeba

HI @sheeba ,

I'd like to suggest you contact the author of 'npgsql' and report this issue and waiting for compatibility update or try to use old version 'npgsql'.

Regards,

XIaoxin Sheng

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.