Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

tonyk86
Helper I
Helper I

Postgres OBDC SSL Issue

Hi,

I'm having an issue with an OBDC connection. I've created (through PBI Desktop) and published to PBI service using various flat files and an external OBDC connection to a postgres database. For my OBDC connection, I just use the following OBDC connection string: 

Driver={PostgreSQL Unicode(x64)}; Server=XX.XX.XX.XX; Port=5432; Database=XXXX

The connection has worked perfectly fine for a few months until I received a connection error today.

tonyk86_0-1696524880052.png

After researching, I was just told by my one of the admins that they switched over to SSL recently for that database. With that information, I figured I would just add ";sslmode=require" to the end of the string

Driver={PostgreSQL Unicode(x64)}; Server=XX.XX.XX.XX; Port=5432; Database=XXXX;;sslmode=require;

However adding this string gives me a FATAL: connection requires a valid client certificate error message. How do I fix this issue? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

tonyk86_1-1696525067910.png

1 REPLY 1

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.