Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Bajigntrr
Frequent Visitor

Populate the message when matrix is no data

Hi, I need to populate the message when user selectes in any slicer like year, qtr , week, if there is no data , how can display the "No data" and hide all visual and display only "No Data" message. 
I acevihved the populate message with measure like , no sales = if(sales) = blank(), "no data" , " " ) , but when this card measure populates no visual should display on the page , only "no data"should display on the page. 
Any help appriciated! Please

3 REPLIES 3
Bajigntrr
Frequent Visitor

Thanks @rajendraongole1  and @v-xinruzhu-msft for solution.but when i do conditional foramting and apply the trasnpersncy , i could not able to click matrix visual when i want to drillthrogh the detailed report. 

v-xinruzhu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Thanks for the solution @rajendraongole1  provided, and i want to offer some more information for user to refer to.

hello @Bajigntrr , based on your descriotion, you can try the following solution, 

Put the no sales measue to the visual filter , then set it to the following.

vxinruzhumsft_0-1719213733129.png

Best Regards!

Yolo Zhu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rajendraongole1
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Bajigntrr - To display a "No Data" message specifically when a matrix visual in Power BI, as you already created measure as follows . 

MatrixHasData =
IF(
ISBLANK(MAX(Sales[Amount])),
"No Data",
""
)

after implementing the same, when ever there is no data available, it display Text message, to get this done , To hide the matrix visual when there is no data, use conditional formatting on the transparency setting of the matrix.Make any necessary adjustments to the formatting and layout to ensure a seamless user experience.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!
Appreciate your Kudos!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.