Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MartinSorensen
Frequent Visitor

Paginated Report horizontal scrolling breaking visual

Hi,

I am building a Paginated Report with the Power BI Report Builder (version 15.6) and I am having some issues with horizontal scrolling. 

The report consists of many columns and a few filters. The first two columns are Row Groups. Furthermore these two columns should be kept when scrolling horizontally. I have made a simple version simulating that to recreate the issue for you. 

Running this on the desktop version, everything works as expected (I can scroll like I want without any issues).

However, after it is deployed to the online service, the horizontal scrolling breaks the groups. As soon as I start scrolling right, the groups are expanding, covering more rows than they should, while also not really aligning with anything (See images). 

Is there anyone that has a fix for this?

I have tried some different settings in the Report Builder (i.e. "CanGrow", setting sizes and more) but nothing has helped. Files can be found here: https://we.tl/t-VHH55y8Yd7

Not scrolled:

not scrolled.PNG

Scrolled:
scrolled.PNG

Best regards,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@MartinSorensen 

I can't connect to your data source, so I can't see the situation.

But I find an ICM similar to your issue.

Check this:

vjaneygmsft_0-1639039850448.png

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID:266460526

It should be resolved in the version after the December update is released.

Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

What's new in the latest Power BI update - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
buhari91
Frequent Visitor

This issue is not resolved by Microsoft yet, I have also submitted the internal support ticket with Microsoft on it.

Although I have noticed that when there are freeze rows and columns, it will break the table/matrix on the report.
To avoid breaking of visualization, I have unfreezed the row and column headers for now. Deselect the highlighted Tablix property to avoid breaking of visualization.

buhari91_0-1675971067361.png

Hope this helps to anyone facing the similar challenge.

buhari91
Frequent Visitor

@MartinSorensen I am running into the exact same issue, were you able to get this fix from the support ticket? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

MartinSorensen
Frequent Visitor

Hi @v-janeyg-msft,
Do you know if this issue has been solved? I still see the issue when I deploy reports.

Can you give me a status on the Internal ICM ID:266460526?

Best regards,

Martin

Hi, @MartinSorensen 

It's a bug. didn't it improve? It's strange.

This icm shows that it is resolved, But I didn't see the message confirming the fix. I asked my colleagues who had permission, but she couldn't see if the December version was fixed. If you still have this problem, I think you need to open a new post, or open a support ticket yourself, and then engineers may handle it again.

Best Regards,

v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @MartinSorensen 

You mean that when you don’t scroll, it can be displayed normally in the service, right?

What is the length and width of your table?

Do you embed a paginated report in the report?

Best Regards,

Hi @v-janeyg-msft,

Correct - it displays correctly when it loads. As soon as I start scrolling horizontally it will act up as in the above picture. It also seems that a bigger table / more rows makes the misalignment even bigger. 

The size of the table is 20in x 0.5in. I have toyed around with the size, and that did not seem to change anything.

No, it is not embedded. The images are from the PBI Service directly on the Paginated Report. 

Best regards,

Martin

@MartinSorensen 

Can you try to re-publish the paginated report?

@v-janeyg-msft 

Re-publishing does not remove the issue (I just attempted this, but have done this numerous times with the actual report aswell).

As a clarification to the above - the row groups are kept visible while scrolling.

Furthermore, the issue only arises as soon as a group "covers" more than 1 row (see the ID = 6, Status = 6 in the above two images).

Best regards

Martin

@MartinSorensen 

There is no problem with my simple sample.

vjaneygmsft_0-1639038536783.png

Have you tried not to merge cells?

vjaneygmsft_1-1639038611498.png

@v-janeyg-msft 

The issue is that I want to merge the cells (if a solutions is possible, of course). 

In your example I don't see any merged cells - having these is where the problem starts.

If you create a few merged cells, while making a very wide table (so you can scroll horizontally), you should see the issue.

You can also download my specific example here: https://we.tl/t-VHH55y8Yd7

Best regards

Martin

@MartinSorensen 

I can't connect to your data source, so I can't see the situation.

But I find an ICM similar to your issue.

Check this:

vjaneygmsft_0-1639039850448.png

This issue has been submitted internally. Internal ICM ID:266460526

It should be resolved in the version after the December update is released.

Please be patient to wait for fixing. If there is any news, I will update it here.

What's new in the latest Power BI update - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Hi @v-janeyg-msft ,

Thank you for the above update. I hope it is fixed in the December release 🙂

Best regards,

Martin

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.