Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Lucian
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Paginated Report Builder modify properties by itself

Hello,

I am new to the Power BI Report Builder and I'm struggle creating a paginated report.

After some editing and checking that the preview is ok, I have modified for the width for some columns by dragging with the mouse on left/right.

Now, for some of the columns, I see the title in design mode, but when run the report the titles are no longer visible in "Report View" but only when "Print Layout" is activated...

It seems that automatically switched the font from Arial so Seagoe UI and I have to put it back to Arial... but there is a way to make it "stay put"?

Is this a bug or a "feature"?... because is not the first time when it happens and it drives me crazy... 🙄

Kind Regards,

Lucian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Lucian
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It seems that I was the "lucky one" that bumped on a "rendering bug". It does not change the properties as I've initially write in the subject, after some more tests it seems to be the "display settings".

This is happening because of my display settings with scaling set to 125%.

If the scaling is 100% it seems to work as expected. Unfortunately is hard to keep 100% scaling on my laptop because the text will be to small, and the "recommended" scale is 125%. 

Microsoft Support told me that will be solved on the next release (probably Sept 2021). 🤞

Kind Regards,

Lucian

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Lucian
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

It seems that I was the "lucky one" that bumped on a "rendering bug". It does not change the properties as I've initially write in the subject, after some more tests it seems to be the "display settings".

This is happening because of my display settings with scaling set to 125%.

If the scaling is 100% it seems to work as expected. Unfortunately is hard to keep 100% scaling on my laptop because the text will be to small, and the "recommended" scale is 125%. 

Microsoft Support told me that will be solved on the next release (probably Sept 2021). 🤞

Kind Regards,

Lucian

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lucian ,

Sorry, not very clear. Can you provide some screentshots about your issue?

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-stephen-msft ,

Here is the initial table looks like:

TableProperties.png

After some "resizig columns" operations, for some of the columns the fond will become "Seagoe UI" instead of "Arial" and then in report preview that text will not be rendered. Only if I switch to "Print Layout" will be visible.

Basically I will see a table with some missing/blank columns, that will "magically appear" in "Print Layout".

Meanwhile I have discovered that even other text boxes will not be rendered, not just tables.

For example a simple report with a title and a textbox:

SimpleReport.png

If I run the report I see only the Title, the textbox is missing

ReportPreview.png

But if I switch to "Print Layout" I could see both items - Title and textbox

PrintLayout.png

The problem seems to be only on my PC, but reinstalling the same version 15.6.1628.2 or even an older version 15.6.1616.6 did not help.

I have tested on another PC, but there all was ok.

Is there any way to repair my Report Builder without reinstalling the operating system? 😁

Kind Regards,

Lucian

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors