Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jhalverson
Helper I
Helper I

Paginated Report - Adjust footer height after setting it to 0

Hi all,

This is a follow up to this post where I got an answer, but could not seem to implement it:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Help-Accidentally-set-footer-height-to-0-and-can-t-change-i...

basically I set the footer height to 0 in my paginated report and now I cannot seem to edit the footer in any way. @v-henryk-mstf kindly reached out and instructed me to navigate to the page setup section, find the page properties button, and within the page tab there I could edit the footer height. However, I couldn't seem to find what was referred to in some of the steps. I assumed that the pane in the image below was the page setup section:

jhalverson_0-1673637345552.png

I then click on the "property pages" button (the circled one) and it pulled up a report properties popup. On there I clicked on Page Setup, but did not see anywhere I could change the footer height:

jhalverson_1-1673637553374.png

I cannot seem to click on the footer directly. I add the footer in, click on the line between the report body and the gray area (where the footer should be), but can only seem to get the properties pain (first image) to show "Body" or "Report". Maybe there is another page setup section with a page properties button I am missing or something, but I am genuienely confused at how to figure this one out. Any more ideas?

Thanks all! You guys are awesome

Josh

1 REPLY 1
massy
Frequent Visitor

I had the same issue. I opened the .rdl file with a text editor, searched for <PageFooter> tag and increased the <Height> value. After doing that and reopening the report with Report Builder you will be able to see the footer and adjust it manually.

massy_1-1703867486242.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.