Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Lori
Helper II
Helper II

OLE or ODBC error: Exception from HRESULT: 0x800400E4E

Since the second January update, I get the error above.  When I say 2nd, I mean I got the update the day it came out.  Had an error with one of my credentials, which I fixed.  Then yesterday, the desktop version started telling me there was an update - didn't know if it was a slightly different version correcting some errors and the message was distracting so I re-updated.  Now there are random tables that are blocking refresh.  Some are excel spreadsheets on my OneDrive and some are linked to a remote server.  I rechecked the credentials of every link I have into and out of PBI and they all look fine.

Side note - some facility for checking data links/credentials on the desktop version before refresh would be helpful.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not sure if this was what fixed it - one of the Excel files had a duplicate in a key field, just added yesterday. 

It would be great if only the offending files didn't refresh!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Lori
Helper II
Helper II

I forgot to mention, when I refresh the indicated tables individually it works fine.

Not sure if this was what fixed it - one of the Excel files had a duplicate in a key field, just added yesterday. 

It would be great if only the offending files didn't refresh!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.