Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.Error] The Web.Page function didn't finish within timeout of 100 s

Hi,

I am trying to Invoke the below function:

(Locations as text, RaceDay as text) =>

let
Source =Web.Page(Web.Contents("https://www.racingandsports.com.au/form-guide/thoroughbred/australia/"&Locations&"/"&RaceDay&"/worksheets"
)),
#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(Source, each ([Source] = "Table")),
#"Added Index" = Table.AddIndexColumn(#"Filtered Rows", "Race", 1, 1, Int64.Type),
#"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Added Index",{"Data", "Race"}),
#"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Removed Other Columns",{"Race", "Data"}),
#"Expanded Data" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Reordered Columns", "Data", {"TAB", "Horse", "RFS", "DLS", "12m", "BRR", "FORM", "COND", "CONS", "BP", "JOCK", "JC", "FR", "EM", "PER", "DIV"}, {"TAB", "Horse", "RFS", "DLS", "12m", "BRR", "FORM", "COND", "CONS", "BP", "JOCK", "JC", "FR", "EM", "PER", "DIV"})
in
#"Expanded Data"

the table it is applied to has text values (e.g Location = ballarat, RaceDay = 2022-10-27). There are no syntax errors and in the query editor preview, everything loads up fine. As soon as I try to apply it to my PBI report it says it can't find the web page and times out. I have also tried using the timeout=#duration function but it is still not able to connect to the web page for some reason. I'm gussing its something to do with using parameters. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

TIA

Jokka

1 REPLY 1
v-binbinyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please confirm the web source exist, i try to access "https://www.racingandsports.com.au/form-guide/thoroughbred/australia/Locations/RaceDay/worksheets", but there is nothing.

Thanks for your efforts & time in advance.

Best regards,
Community Support Team_ Binbin Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.