Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rbarral

New columns based on a manaul parameters

Hi Everyone, 

I tried to create a new calculated column with the possibility of using a parameter inside the calculation that will be added manually in my dashboard/sheet.

I tried using field parameters, but that is not working. 

Any idea how to do it?

Romain

2 REPLIES 2
rbarral

Hello, thanks for the quick answer, the problem is that I want to use it in a Matrix Table, see my case 

I have a number of near missed solved for the month in that case below January 

rbarral_0-1709195643445.png

but I want to understand for each site the trend per employee (employee is also part of the same dataset than the number of near missed)

so I wanted to add a column with, the trend of nearmiss/employee number = number of near missed/(manual parameters to simulate the month we are here)*12/numbe rof employee

Maybe an idea how to do it ? 

Thanks 

Romain

Jonvoge
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi rbarral

Unfortunately Parameters can only be used within Calculated Measures, and not Calculated Columns.

However, in almost every use case, you will find Measures more dynamic and performand than Calculated Columns as well. Hopefully you can get your calculation working anyway!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.