Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Fugi
Helper I
Helper I

Network Navigator Search Broken?

2016-03-30_00005.png

When i try to use the search feature it's fully collapsed and doesn't allow any input into the text box - am i missing somthing here or is this just not completed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It appears that this broke with the newest March 2016 Power BI desktop update that was released yesterday.  We are actively working to fix it and hope to release a fix onto Power BI Custom Visuals soon.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

It appears that this broke with the newest March 2016 Power BI desktop update that was released yesterday.  We are actively working to fix it and hope to release a fix onto Power BI Custom Visuals soon.

TealCanady
Advocate II
Advocate II

Fugi,

I toyed around with this yesterday; the search box in the navigator appears to highlight / bold a particular node. It does not limit the nodes shown to the search parameter. If you want to do that you would need a slicer or filters applied.

Teal Canady

Fugi
Helper I
Helper I

I'm also interested in what the row limit is for this visualization, is there a way to figure this out?

For limiting number of nodes, you can limit the rows by changing the Max Nodes setting in the formatting pane.  If set to zero, it will not impose a limit and will plot all of the data PowerBI gives it (up to the point where it gets the "Too Many Values" warning).  If set to something above zero, it will limit the graph to the first X records - where X is the number of nodes you want to limit it to.

Thank you very much Jonathan!

I don't think there is an easy way to figure this out without hacking together a data set you can limit to number of rows.

Sorry I couldn't help you more.

Teal

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.