Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Roseventura
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Need to adjust credits by specific amount based on what month it is

I have a table that lists customer credits by month. My credits come from my fact table and the month comes from my date table. Easy enough. My challenge is that the credit amount for any given month needs to be adjusted by a specific amount based on what month it is.

If the month is the 3rd, 6th, 9th, or 12th month, then the adjustment needs to be -$375,000, otherwise it needs to be -$300,000.

Example: Using 2017-01 and 2017-03 for reference. My credits for month 1 are -$389,044, the adjustment would be -$389,044 + $300,000 = $89,044 total credits.

But if my credits for Month 3 are -$294,903, then the adjustment would need to be $294,903 - $375,000 = -$80,907.

I tried to accomplish this by creating a fact table that lists the month # and the adjustment amount for that month, but I cannot figure out how to apply the credit adjustment matching my DATE month to the Credit Adjustment month.

I don’t want to SUM the adjustments, I just need to look that value up based on what month it is. I tried to use LOOKUPVALUE, but cannot get that to work.

Capture

Let me know if you need more info.

Rose

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Roseventura,

Please create the following measure in your date table.

Adjustment = IF(MAX('Date'[Month]) =3 ||MAX('Date'[Month]) =6 || MAX('Date'[Month]) =9||MAX('Date'[Month]) =12 ,375000,300000)

Create the following measure in your fact table. For more details, please review the attached PBIX file.

changecredit = SUM(Table1[Credits])+[Adjustment]

If the above dax doesn't return your expected result, please share sample data of your table following the guide in this thread:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Roseventura,

Please create the following measure in your date table.

Adjustment = IF(MAX('Date'[Month]) =3 ||MAX('Date'[Month]) =6 || MAX('Date'[Month]) =9||MAX('Date'[Month]) =12 ,375000,300000)

Create the following measure in your fact table. For more details, please review the attached PBIX file.

changecredit = SUM(Table1[Credits])+[Adjustment]

If the above dax doesn't return your expected result, please share sample data of your table following the guide in this thread:https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490.

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Lydia,

This worked beautifully!  Thank you for your help!

Rsoe

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.