Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

desterpp
Frequent Visitor

Need help to optimize the power bi P&L

Hello,

I have a problem to visualize the power BI. In fact the dax calculations take much time.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jialongy-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @desterpp 

If you're experiencing slow performance with DAX calculations in Power BI, here are some strategies to improve efficiency:

• Simplify Calculations: Complex DAX formulas can slow down performance. Consider breaking down intricate formulas into simpler parts.

• Optimize Data Model: A more streamlined data model with fewer tables and relationships can enhance performance. Remove any extraneous columns or tables.

• Prefer Measures Over Calculated Columns: Generally, measures perform better than calculated columns, especially in larger datasets.

• Apply Filters to Reduce Data: Filtering to minimize the amount of data being processed can speed up calculations.

• Avoid Unnecessary Iterations: Functions like  and  can be performance-intensive. Ensure they are used judiciously.CALCULATEFILTER

• Utilize Performance Analyzer: Power BI's Performance Analyzer tool can help identify which visuals are loading slowly, guiding your optimization efforts.

vjialongymsft_0-1704447300391.png

Best Regards,

Jayleny

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jialongy-msft 

I am sorry but i can't accepted your recommendation as a solution because i am still locked with the performance.

Best Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.