Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

newbie7
Frequent Visitor

Need help in adding a column in matrix visual made with measures

Hi experts,

I am not able to figure it out so need help.

I have a bunch of folders and queries that are being used as sources. With power query data prep and dax for calculations, i was able to create a table like below  with quite a few rows and 9 months of 2022 data. Now i have to add a column named Target where measure1#=0.95, measure2#=0.80  , measure3%=100% and these are static values. This Target column needs to go after months.

How to accomplish this?

Jan2022     Feb 2022      Mar2022        Apr2022  May2022  Jun2022   Jul2022  Aug2022 Sep2022     

measure1 #

measure2 #

measure3 %

thnaks for the help,

3 REPLIES 3
PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Will the measures always de referencing the current month (sep 2022) or does it need to be dynamic?

Also, can you expand on what the measures are calculating?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

thanks, The measure are calculating monthly values based on month end dates in the data source and all data sources are connected with date table 1:1. and the matrix has date from date table and measure # from each  month. will be dynamic , so matrix will show past rolling 9 months. 

in my date table last date is 12312400. so i was thinking if any way i can add the condition in my measure  calculation like if date=12312400 then show 0.9 else show measure calculation, then i can use 12242400 month as target in visual. 

newbie7
Frequent Visitor

UPDATE:

as an alternative, I am trying to solve via using a further date like 12312400 from date table and adding a part in my measure 1 /2/3 calculation saying when Date=12312400, then 0.9 (a static value) else the sum #/A#. I can relabel column 12312400 as my target.

any suggestion if this could be worked. I am getting error as date column cant be referred because of multiple values. Also when i tried to use in calculated column instead of measure, i could not add date column in dax in another table. Any way out.

Thanks,

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Users online (467)