Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SparkDataGuru
Frequent Visitor

Need Help - Matrix Table Row Field Not Showing from Inactive Relation - Two Calendar Date Comparison

Currently I have a matrix table which is supposed to compare Lead Sources between two different calendar ranges for lead count. I have two seperate calendar tables with relationships to the main table. The 'Calendar' table has an active relationship and the secondary 'Calendar_Comparison' table has an inactive relationship with the main table ' ls2yrs'. 

Relationships.png

All the columns within my matrix table are properly displaying based on two dates. However, I'm having issues with the 'LeadSourceName' rows of the matrix table not showing all values that exist in both date ranges! In my data set the two different date ranges selected will not always have the same lead sources. For example:

'Calendar' Date Range (Active Relationship with main table): Jan 1, 2000 to Jan 5, 2000 contains lead sources:

Lead Source : Lead Count

- A lead : 1

- B lead : 2

- C lead : 1

'Calendar_Comparison' Date Range (Inactive Relationship with main table): Jan 6, 2000 to Jan 10, 2000 contains lead sources:

Lead Source : Lead Count

- A lead : 1

- B lead : 3

- C lead : 1

- D lead : 2

In this example above, the matrix table will seem to only show rows relating to lead sources which are present from the active relationship calendar table. It is missing 'D lead' which is present only on the inactive relationship 'Calendar_Comparison' date range table.

Matrix Table 

Lead Source : Lead Count : Lead Count Comparison

A lead : 1 : 1 

B lead : 2 : 3

C lead : 1 : 1

D lead : 0 : 2 ***(THIS ROW IS MISSING FROM MATRIX TABLE)***

How should I reconfigure my report so I can get D lead to also show up for my date comparision matrix table?     

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@SparkDataGuru , check if you are trying this

How to use two Date/Period slicers

https://youtu.be/WSeZr_-MiTg

Thank you Amit! Great video series you have going on your channel! You just gained another subscriber 😁

Doing it your way works at the video time 6:26: https://youtu.be/WSeZr_-MiTg?t=386

By setting the 'Lead Count Comparison' to CALCULATE for 'Lead Count' 'with the FILTER being the maxx and minx reflective of the ALLSELECTED of the 'Calendar Comparsion' table, I was able to return all my lead sources as well as compare between two different date ranges! 

Follow up question: Isolated Secondary Date Table vs Inactive Relationship Secondary Date Table

I do have an additional question: I also watched your previous video  "Power BI Abstract Thesis Episode 18"

https://youtu.be/44fGGmg9fHI?t=489 . At video timing 8:09, you mentioned that your secondary date table (Date2) does not have a relationship with the main table, it is isolated.

I'm quite new to Power BI, I was wondering if I were to establish an inactive relationship for my secondary date table to main table, what impacts would that have when I'm building a comparsion matrix/table? Would this impact my comparison measures in any way (inactive realtionship vs isolated table)? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors