Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AthonyALS

Multiple dated columns

Hi There,

I am trying to create to an FTE report for each indiviualy labs in our region, so at the moment I am completely new to Power BI and would really apprecaite some assistance. My excel files consists of first 2 coulmns is the Country and then the lab the columns then to the right contain the month and year e.g. May 2023. Sample Data.jpg

What I would like for my report is for management to be able to select the month or lab to see the FTE figures for either option.

I know I can use slicers but I am enquiring if there is an easier method

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Hello @AthonyALS , 

Firstly I can see the screenshot that you shared is a pivot table of excel. So take raw data where the data will be in table format and use it in Power BI to develop report. 

Secondly if you have data only in this format then you have to filter and remove that total row. Then select the month-year columns and Unpivot them in Power Query Editor to get data in a table format and then you can create your required reports. 

However selection of Lab and Month still remains in slicers. 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly. Thank You!!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Kishore_KVN
Super User
Super User

Hello @AthonyALS , 

Firstly I can see the screenshot that you shared is a pivot table of excel. So take raw data where the data will be in table format and use it in Power BI to develop report. 

Secondly if you have data only in this format then you have to filter and remove that total row. Then select the month-year columns and Unpivot them in Power Query Editor to get data in a table format and then you can create your required reports. 

However selection of Lab and Month still remains in slicers. 

If this post helps, then please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it more quickly. Thank You!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.