Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cpowers
Regular Visitor

Multiple Relationships

Hello All,

I'm sure this question has been posed before but I'm new to Power Bi and don't know exactly how to ask.

I have an Opportunities table that references Users, from User table, for multiple fields (Owner, Pursuit Leader, Admin User). I created the relationship between Opportunities Owner ID and User ID. This allows me to show Opportunity values based on the Full Name of the User Table. However, I also need to be able to show the Pursuit Leader and Admin User of those Opportunities. 

I am aware that you can only have one active relationship. How can I show Owner, Pursuit Leader, and Admin User names all at the same time with only the single relationship.

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BetterCallFrank
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @cpowers

please create the additional relationships and leave them inactive.

Then create measures like this:

Admin User = CALCULATE(
  VALUES(Users[Full Name]),
  USERELATIONSHIP(Opportunities[Admin User ID], Users[User ID])
)

PS: see https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/userelationship-in-calculated-columns/ for other concepts around this topic and additional patterns/solutions for your question - maybe consider the VLOOKUP solution here

HTH,

Frank

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BetterCallFrank
Resolver IV
Resolver IV

Hi @cpowers

please create the additional relationships and leave them inactive.

Then create measures like this:

Admin User = CALCULATE(
  VALUES(Users[Full Name]),
  USERELATIONSHIP(Opportunities[Admin User ID], Users[User ID])
)

PS: see https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/userelationship-in-calculated-columns/ for other concepts around this topic and additional patterns/solutions for your question - maybe consider the VLOOKUP solution here

HTH,

Frank

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.