Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

tiagopardo
Frequent Visitor

Multiple Company Selection in Different Slicers

Hello,

Hope you are all doing fine.

I'm going to make a quick description of the project and then explain what i need.

Here is the description of the database:

Description table:

tiagopardo_0-1706547787144.png 

Values Table:

tiagopardo_1-1706547806447.png

---

* The comparison_1 ... 4 are duplicates of the "description" table.

---

Connection between tables:

tiagopardo_2-1706547847357.png

Dashboard Page 1:

tiagopardo_3-1706547929446.png

Dashboard Page 2:

tiagopardo_4-1706547944726.png

The pages 1 and 2 are using the 'description'[company_name] data and 'values'[ebitda], 'values'[net_debt],'values'[income] as input data.

Dashboard Page 3:

tiagopardo_5-1706548073643.png

This page works in a way that, as i select a company in each filter, the company data is shown in the graphic.

The solution for this feature were answered for me in the following topic: Solved: Re: Comparison page layout - Microsoft Fabric Community

---

What i need:

1. Synch the company selected in page 1 / 2 with the "Comparison Company 1".

If i use the 'description'[company_name] value in the Comparison Company 1 filter, the whole solution used for the graphic stops working, as shown above:

tiagopardo_8-1706549445841.png

And as i'm using the 'description'[company_name] as filter for graphs in pages 1 and 2, i'm don't know how to synch the filter without breaking the graph.

2. Pressing the red button "Hide Graph", the page shows something like that: but with the values in the card filtered by the corresponding column company selected

tiagopardo_7-1706548303071.png

How could i make it if the comparison_1...4 table are not connected with the values table? (Ps: i can't connect them for the graph solution to work).

---

Hope I made clear and, if there is any doubt, please tell me by answering this topic.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Please try these steps for the first part of your question and let me know if it still does not work. Also, make sure to keep a backup of your file.

I created it this way:

sevenhills_6-1706580430743.png

Step: Please check whether your model is similar to this.

sevenhills_0-1706580176051.png

Next step is to do bookmarks, as you already have everything:

sevenhills_1-1706580235463.png and for each of these set the show hide accordingly. Say, like these for the 1, 2, 3 ... 

sevenhills_2-1706580284216.pngsevenhills_3-1706580330180.pngsevenhills_4-1706580351425.png

Go through each bookmark, right click, uncheck the data:

sevenhills_7-1706580541043.png

You can give bookmark names of your choice. 

Test: click on these buttons after configuring the actions and they should work.

sevenhills_5-1706580396050.png

All three should work i.e., based on the (black) buttons, the charts display accordingly. 

------- by now all 3 bookmarks functionality should be working -------------------

Let’s look at the slicers next.

• From the 3rd page, which is the dashboard, select the first slicer that is linked to the Comparison1 table column. Give it a name so we can reference it later. Copy it.
  • Go to page 2 and page 1, paste it. This will ask you whether you want to sync slicers or not. Say yes.
  • Select the slicer using the Description Table in Page 1. In the sync slicers, in the advanced options, use the slicer name used for the first slicer in the 3rd page. Similarly, do the same step in Page 2.
  • Now, hide this newly copied slicer in page 2 and page 1.
  • It should work. Please check this video, and this is what you need in my view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKOjXPkXO8U

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
sevenhills
Super User
Super User

Regarding (1) i.e., sync of slicers, did you try this?

Note:  The use of sync slicers must be on same fields of the same table. 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-slicers?tabs=powerbi-deskt...

Based on your post, you did all major work and just misisng the sync slicers. hence provided the link. 

Hi,

Yes, i'm using synch slicer for pages 1 and 2. I could do the same for comparison page, but if i use a slicer with the same field of the same table that i use in slicers in company 1 and 2, the features of the comparision pages breaks.

It's kind of a complex feature, hope someone can help me with that.

Thank you. 

Is it possible to share the .pbix file with some mockup data. and expected output, we can help.

Sync Slicers work only if you use the same column in each page for the slicer. However, it is not clear why it is not working when you use sync slicers and the same column. Additionally, you mentioned that the Description is linked to the Values table, so you cannot use multiple slicers logic. Could you please provide the DAX you used for the measure used to filter in the page/dashboard 3?

Tip: Avoid using the keywords of DAX or M query as your table names in the long term to avoid confusion.

Thanks

Please try these steps for the first part of your question and let me know if it still does not work. Also, make sure to keep a backup of your file.

I created it this way:

sevenhills_6-1706580430743.png

Step: Please check whether your model is similar to this.

sevenhills_0-1706580176051.png

Next step is to do bookmarks, as you already have everything:

sevenhills_1-1706580235463.png and for each of these set the show hide accordingly. Say, like these for the 1, 2, 3 ... 

sevenhills_2-1706580284216.pngsevenhills_3-1706580330180.pngsevenhills_4-1706580351425.png

Go through each bookmark, right click, uncheck the data:

sevenhills_7-1706580541043.png

You can give bookmark names of your choice. 

Test: click on these buttons after configuring the actions and they should work.

sevenhills_5-1706580396050.png

All three should work i.e., based on the (black) buttons, the charts display accordingly. 

------- by now all 3 bookmarks functionality should be working -------------------

Let’s look at the slicers next.

• From the 3rd page, which is the dashboard, select the first slicer that is linked to the Comparison1 table column. Give it a name so we can reference it later. Copy it.
  • Go to page 2 and page 1, paste it. This will ask you whether you want to sync slicers or not. Say yes.
  • Select the slicer using the Description Table in Page 1. In the sync slicers, in the advanced options, use the slicer name used for the first slicer in the 3rd page. Similarly, do the same step in Page 2.
  • Now, hide this newly copied slicer in page 2 and page 1.
  • It should work. Please check this video, and this is what you need in my view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKOjXPkXO8U

Thank you a lot.

That has been really helpfull. That video you sent explains exactly what i needed and the other tips with bookmark has been usefull as well.

Best regards

Glad to hear that the link and my reply helped.

Wonder if you still have part (2)  to be resolved? if yes, provide more details, as I am not able to understand the issue. In my view, you are trying to display data based on slicers and you want to hide the charts. I can think this as bookmark, aligning and hide/show like we did for other charts. Let us know whether you still have the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.