Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multi-select slicer: how to set card to 0 for values that aren't selected

I have three cards, each showing a different total (for the number of clients who have received different services). The cards correspond to the categories in a slicer, and the slicer has to be multi-select. My client wants to the cards to show a 0 if the slicer value is not selected and the corresponding total if the value is selected.

I had a version of this that worked, but only because I set the slicer to single-select. When I change the slicer to multi-select and select more than 1 option, the cards all show 0.

Here's an example for one of the three cards that works with a single-select slicer but not with the multi-select slicer that I need. 

demo_total_training_consulting =
    VAR _service_type_selector = SELECTEDVALUE('aec_surveys Participants'[service_type], "All")
    RETURN
        SWITCH(TRUE(),
        _service_type_selector = "Training & Consulting", [service_total_training_consulting],
        0)

Is it possible to achieve what my client wants?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your statement, I think your issue should be caused by "All" in SELECTEDVALUE(). 

The logic of SELECTEDVALUE('aec_surveys Participants'[service_type], "All") is when you selected multiple values or not select value it will return "All". 

Here I suggest you to try code as below to achieve your goal.

VAR _service_type_selector =
    VALUES ( 'aec_surveysParticipants'[service_type] )
RETURN
    IF(
        ISFILTERED('aec_surveys Participants'[service_type]),
        IF(
            "Training & Consulting" in _service_type_selector,                                                                                
            [service_total_training_consulting]),0),
        )

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help, @v-eqin-msft ! I was re-using some code without really thinking through what it meant. 

I was successful using a portion of your suggestion:

VALUES ( 'aec_surveys Participants'[service_type] )
RETURN
        IF(
            [service_total_training_consulting], 0)

v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to your statement, I think your issue should be caused by "All" in SELECTEDVALUE(). 

The logic of SELECTEDVALUE('aec_surveys Participants'[service_type], "All") is when you selected multiple values or not select value it will return "All". 

Here I suggest you to try code as below to achieve your goal.

VALUES ( 'aec_surveysParticipants'[service_type] )
RETURN
    IF(
        ISFILTERED('aec_surveys Participants'[service_type]),
        IF(
            [service_total_training_consulting]),0),
        )

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.