Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

raulallas
Frequent Visitor

Multi layer donut/multiple value donut

Is there a way in powerbi to create a multi layered donut where the 2 layers would have the same groups, but different values. I am trying to use it for showing filtered vs unfiltered values og groups. The final visual would hopefully look somethings like this.

(https://datavizproject.com/data-type/multi-level-donut-chart/)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey svisswan2 I ended up not finding a single visual to do this, but rather stacking two of the same visual ontop of eachother. i ended up using the donut visual by Drill Down Visuals(formerly Zoomcharts). They have the neat ability to change the scale of the donut so you can stack two of them ontop of eachother and give them the exact same dimensions and just changing the scale of the donut. The bottom donuts title needs to be made white and the top donuts background transparent. The only drawback is interactiveness. Only the top donut will be 'clickable'. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Edit: Picture of what i ended up with( labels are whited out which makes it look kinda wierd.)

raulallas_0-1593155224641.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Numerro
Advocate I
Advocate I

I'm not sure these will match what you're looking for, but I do know donut charts can be frustrating to design and format. For anyone interested, we built some basic tips for building donut charts and have example Power BI donut charts for inspiration.

dustinn
Resolver I
Resolver I

I think this visual might help you. You can also import it on Marketplace from Power BI Desktop.

Sadly the sunburst visual doesn't quite have the capability i'm looking for. I need something that would basically display two independent donuts inside eachother.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi raulallas - this is exactly the same issue i am having now. i am trying to show two different values nested which are connected by the same group (dimension) but sunburst is not allowing this. Did you ever figure out what visual will allow you to do this nesting two different sets of measures?

Hey svisswan2 I ended up not finding a single visual to do this, but rather stacking two of the same visual ontop of eachother. i ended up using the donut visual by Drill Down Visuals(formerly Zoomcharts). They have the neat ability to change the scale of the donut so you can stack two of them ontop of eachother and give them the exact same dimensions and just changing the scale of the donut. The bottom donuts title needs to be made white and the top donuts background transparent. The only drawback is interactiveness. Only the top donut will be 'clickable'. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Edit: Picture of what i ended up with( labels are whited out which makes it look kinda wierd.)

raulallas_0-1593155224641.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.