Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Moves Measures from One table to another

Hi,

I have around 60 measures under one table. Now, i want to Move all these measures to another table and delete previous table. How do i do that.

16 REPLIES 16
rks
Resolver I
Resolver I

It can also be easily done with Tabular Editor 2. Install it (or use the portable without the need for admin rights) and open it from the external tools ribbon. Then just drag and drop the measures. Dependent measures are also updated automatically.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately, moving a measure to a new home table does NOT update measures that reference the moved measure. They continue to reference the moved measure's old home table. Each dependent measure must be MANUALLY changed to reference the new home table. Major disappointment.

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was a HUGE pain.  We built a measure table but the excel power bi tool couldn't handle this and we were forced to move the measures to data tables.   We use the home table feature but now the measures show up in BOTH tables.  We couldn't delete the original table because there was an exclamation point icon (figure this means power bi had a problem).  We had to delete each measure and the table would then dissapear and we had to save/close/reopen to delete the next measure.   ZERO stars for microsoft - this ended up being an entire DAY OF WORK.

Tahreem24
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous ,

Select your measures --> Go to modelling tab --> Under Property option on top --> Home Table --> Use drop down option in Home table to switch to different table.

Don't forgrt to hit THUMBS UP and Accept this as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

Brilliant! And to think, all this time I've been copying the measure DAX from the source table, creating a new measure in the target table (adding a "2" to the end of the target measure name to avoid duplication), pasting the DAX, swapping out the measures in my viz, deleting the original measure, then removing the "2". What a time saver this is. THANK YOU!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cant do multiselect for measures

Hi @Anonymous ,

I found a way to select multiple measures. Hold the Ctrl key in the Model view to select multiple measures, and then drag the selected measure directly to the Table you want.

31.PNG

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Joey
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi, 

This is great - many thanks for that ! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an actual lifesaver!

Not working for me !

This used to work for me but no longer does

You need to drop the measure/s on the name of the table (the line which can expand and collapes the table)

this feature rocks.  Love it!

@Anonymous ,

No, I haven'e seen such feature.

Don't forgrt to hit THUMBS UP and Accept this as a solution if it helps you!

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Please take a quick glance at newly created dashboards : Restaurant Management Dashboard , HR Analytics Report , Hotel Management Report, Sales Analysis Report , Fortune 500 Companies Analysis , Revenue Tracking Dashboard

As far as i know it's not possible to bulk move measures between tables

Gordonlilj
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi,

You can move measures using the home table

Updated ribbon

Capture2.PNG

Old ribbon

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors