Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pacadile

Monthly and weekly reports from a SharePoint List using Power BI?

I have a running SharePoint list called 'Equipment Log', this list has the columns:
'Equipment Name', 'Checked Out By' (the user's name), 'Check Out Date', 'Check Out Time', 'Check In Date' and 'Check In Time'

This list shows all the historical Check Out/Ins of our equipment. In Power BI I want to automatically create a new monthly report and new weekly report from my list with the titles March 2024, April 2024 and so on for the monthly report, and maybe March Week 1 2024, March Week 2 2024 and so on for the weekly report. Is this possible? I got as far as putting the SharePoint list on Power BI and thats working fine. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No worries! You would just create the report page(s) with whatever visuals you would like, then in the filter pane, add in the fields for month and week in the filters on all pages section (and anything else you want your users to be able to filter by).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pacadile

youre amazing thank you!

Thank you so much - I am happy to help! You're doing great!

audreygerred
Super User
Super User

Hello - is there a reason you want separate reports instead of creating pages with filters that allow users to go to whatever month/week they would like? 

I'm not opposed to that, just not sure how to do it

No worries! You would just create the report page(s) with whatever visuals you would like, then in the filter pane, add in the fields for month and week in the filters on all pages section (and anything else you want your users to be able to filter by).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.