Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Alfista1997
Frequent Visitor

Month-Year Based Data Slicing

I have a dataset that is strictly month-year information, there is no daily data availible. As such, my end users are looking to filter this data based on that month-year and would like to do between filtering (ex. March 2023 to June 2023).

I know there is a slicer availble for download that does what I'm after, however, my company does not like that solution. Is there any other option anyone has a suggestion on that could accomplish this goal? 

2 REPLIES 2
v-jianboli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Alfista1997 ,

What kind of data do you want to filter through this slicer?

Does it contain daily data? If so, maybe you can use the Format() function and create a measure to help you filter data.

Besides,what style of slicer do you want?

Sorry for that the information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please share more details to help us clarify your scenario?

Please provide me with more details about your table and your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Refer to:

How to provide sample data in the Power BI Forum

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly

Best Regards,

Jianbo Li

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-jianboli-msft ,

I'm looking to accomplish something like the first image below. My data format is month-year intervals. I've got 4/1/23, 5/1/23, 6/1/23, etc. As a result, when I use the typical "Between" slicer on my date field in Power BI (second impage below), the user must select 7/1/23 as the start date, if they accidentally selected 7/2/23, since there is no data for that, nothing would show. I'd like to try and skip having the user even select a day, just select the month and year like image one.  

Ideal Slicer

download.png

Current Slicer

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.