Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

Merijn
Frequent Visitor

Missing data import from dataflow

Hello,

Im new to power bi and I can't seem to find the reason why my data import in power bi desktop is incomplete. I am missing around 30,000 rows when importing from my dataflow (which connects to my VPS sql database via a gateway). 

The problem is that I am seeing the rows in my dataflow when editing in the power query editor service but when I am importing this into the power query editor desktop I am only seeing the rows unitl 27 february 2024 and missing all the recent rows up until today (some 30k rows). 

Am I missing something very obvious? Last week I had the same issue, I then created a new dataflow with the same settings and it worked. Today this dataflow has the same issue when I refreshed the data in power bi desktop.

Image 1: Power bi desktop sorted descending showing top row 50834

power bi desktop.png

Image 2: Power bi service dataflow, showing all correct data sorted descending with ide 83596

power bi service (dataflow)power bi service (dataflow)

After importing this into power bi desktop i have exactly 50,000 rows (supposed to be more than 80,000).

2 REPLIES 2
ray_aramburo
Super User
Super User

How many rows do you see after you Close & Apply Power Query? (You can check it on the Table view)

Did I answer your question? Give your kudos and mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Its exactly 50,000.

Helpful resources

Announcements
July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors