Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

XLBob
Resolver II
Resolver II

Measure used in "Filters on this visual" not working with calculation groups

I have below matrix set up using calculation group. The Snapshot Date field is from my Snapshots Date table. I have ANOTHER disconnected dates table for user interaction. Say user selected 05/01/2021 (dd/mm/yyyy) and I have below measure to capture this selected date.

Dates for Chart =
VAR CHK=MAX('Snapshot Date'[Snapshot Date])<=[Selected Snapshot Date]
RETURN IF(CHK=TRUE(),1,0)

I then drag this measure to "Filters on this visual" pane hoping to restrict the Snapshot Date in below graph to only those dates smaller or equal to the user  selected dates.  However it is not working at the moment because calculation group is used here.

Is there a way to do what I am trying to achieve? 

Screenshot 2021-01-15 160610.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Kelly

You cannot make any selections when you use the calculation group on the chart. Anyway, I understand why it's not working with the calculation group, because your meausre will return a different value for each calculation element.

View solution in original post

Hi @XLBob ,

Yes,while it is used in calculation group,it will return different values for each calculation item,have you solved the issue by yourself,if so,could you pls mark the reply as answered to close it?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Kelly

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @XLBob ,

Have you made the selection in filter pane and choose the measure=1?

v-kelly-msft_0-1610959065411.png

Best Regards,
Kelly

Kelly

You cannot make any selections when you use the calculation group on the chart. Anyway, I understand why it's not working with the calculation group, because your meausre will return a different value for each calculation element.

Hi @XLBob ,

Yes,while it is used in calculation group,it will return different values for each calculation item,have you solved the issue by yourself,if so,could you pls mark the reply as answered to close it?

Thank you.

Best Regards,
Kelly

closed. Thanks for your help.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@XLBob and throw dates for chart measure in the visual to see what value you are getting.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@XLBob without knowing everything, I would recommend testing it without calculation group, just create a simple measure to see even if this logic works, without looking at the model and all the details, it is very hard to point where is the exact problem, so it is better to rule out if calc groups are the issues here?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂

oh, it works with measures for sure. I have tested this.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@XLBob what is the role of the calculation groups here? What you are doing in the group? Provide all the details, it is not easy to reply without having all the info.

I have 50+ base measure which has the same calcualtion logic as shown in the graph. Calculation group is used here to reduce the number of measures I would have had to create

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@XLBob what is the expression for Selected Snapshot Date

Selected Snapshot Date = SELECTEDVALUE('Disconnected Snapshot Date'[Snapshot Date])

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.