Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

voiceofneil
Frequent Visitor

Matrix with Mixed periods month by month, ytd actuals, budgets, forecast Full year

i have been struggling to work out how to get this in a matrix visual... without creating a ton of measures. It is for a KPI report that shows income statement metrics top to bottom while the periods go left to right. an exampe of what is needed is shown below. Any thoughts and ideas would be really appreciated.  

if you have alternatives / hacks that get me to something similar then that would be great too. THank you in advance.

voiceofneil_1-1667160563525.png

4 REPLIES 4
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @voiceofneil ,

As shown in the image below, you can use the drill-down function, notice that several different categories are different, then create multiple matrices to place side by side and use the group function to group multiple visuals.

vtangjiemsft_0-1667203899863.png

vtangjiemsft_1-1667203916180.pngvtangjiemsft_2-1667203927188.pngvtangjiemsft_3-1667203943112.pngvtangjiemsft_5-1667203962085.png

You can refer to the following documents that may be helpful to you:

Drill down and drill up in a visual - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Use grouping in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

not sure this addresses the core problem i am having. Even if i go with Calculation Groups on TOp for YTD, FY, QTD etc and then have Actuals, Budget and Var against budget it doesn't address the "monthly" views as you can see from the main table i sent.

if i fake it and put them in 2 separate tables, i am then hvaving to deal with format and making sure one table expands when the other table is exapanded.

Hi @voiceofneil ,

I'm sorry I didn't understand your needs, can you provide a simplified .pbix file and your expected results, please take care to protect your private data, thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

I am sorry. Not trying to be difficult .. i don't have a simplified file.. that's the issue .. I have the wireframe and basically the columns .. you can put anything going downwards on the rows.. Revenues by Location for arguments sake. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.