Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

denn94

Column not recognized in DAX measures after datasource change

Hey,

I recently changed my datasource to an Azure SQL DB, I kept the column/table names and datatypes the exact same as previous. However, for two of the tables the new columns are not recognized in the original DAX measures even though they are named the same, this is also causing issues in tabular editor and DAX studio.

I have worked through the ETL process and can't see any issues throughout, the only thing that seemed to work was changing the column name in power query to the exact same name. Any ideas if this is on the SQL side or an issue with Power Bi? 

1 REPLY 1
ImkeF
Super User
Super User

Hi @denn94 ,
there are things like unprintable characters that might cause it.
Have you analyzed the resulting M-code that the renaming has created? This might give a hint as well.
Personally, I haven't had those issues with Azure SQL yet, works without any issues afaik.

Imke Feldmann (The BIccountant)

If you liked my solution, please give it a thumbs up. And if I did answer your question, please mark this post as a solution. Thanks!

How to integrate M-code into your solution -- How to get your questions answered quickly -- How to provide sample data -- Check out more PBI- learning resources here -- Performance Tipps for M-queries

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Power BI Carousel June 2024

Power BI Monthly Update - June 2024

Check out the June 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

PBI_Carousel_NL_June

Fabric Community Update - June 2024

Get the latest Fabric updates from Build 2024, key Skills Challenge voucher deadlines, top blogs, forum posts, and product ideas.

Top Solution Authors