Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jvembenil
Frequent Visitor

Matrix visual dynamic height

Auto-Size visual height

Dear community,
I have a user base that has been “accustom” to the following set of visuals in a tabular type format.

Column grouping (varies by attribute of a customer or product)
Daily sales
Mtd
Mtd py
Mtd % Chg
Mtd plan
% to monthly plan
Ytd
Ytd py
Ytd % Chg
Yearly plan
% to yearly plan

We have power bi pro connected to an azure analysis services tabular model. We do not have premium.

When we migrated our data to an azure analysis services tabular model, We created in power bi a single report page that consists of multiple matrix grids of the above format stacked vertically varing only by the column grouping. Depending on the number of column grouping rows the height of each grid varies. User requirement: “no scrolling within a grid”. No problem for a person with access to all the data because we set the grid size to show all the rows manually.

Problem comes in, when we start filtering or limiting the data by security, the grid size stays constant and we end up with white space.

questions:
- Does this sound like a reasonable request based on existing available visuals? Has any come across this in their builds?
- Is there a configuration option available to dynamically set the height of the grid? Set a max size as well? I have not seen it.
- I am assuming: this can be addressed by the new power bi premium feature pagination reports?

Your help and insight is greatly appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jvembenil ,

I am afraid that Power BI doesn't support it currently. You could vote for the idea above to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jvembenil ,

I am afraid that Power BI doesn't support it currently. You could vote for the idea above to improve Power BI and make this feature coming sooner.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.
jvembenil
Frequent Visitor

Dear community, found this idea.

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/33212887-dynamically-resize-table...

please help for for it, thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.