Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jhardwood

Matrix Visual top aligned in Canvas but showing centered with top white space in Power BI Service

Hi Everyone,

Newbie here, and struggling with white space on a Matrix Visual when viewed in Power BI Service.  All of my other visuals (non-matrix) show stop aligned in Desktop, and when published and viewed in Service, they are top aligned as well. But for some reason, my Matrix visual (which shows top aligned in Desktop) is centered vertically with lots of white space when viewed in Power BI service.  Any suggestions on how to remove the whitespace in the second image below?

Thank you,

Jeff  PBI1.jpgPBI2.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

have you pinned the page rather than the visual?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
mahenkj2
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @jhardwood 

In Desktop, put cursor outside visual and in format pane, go to page settings and then in canvas setting, tweak page size there.

Hope it helps.

Hi Mahenkj2,

I have tried that extensively, but no settings scenario so far causes the visual to move up and remove that top white space.  I will keep trying. 

Thank you again,

jeff

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You pinned a report visual to a dashboard tile.  You can modify tile size and location by grabbing the tile handles and moving as needed.

Hi lbendlin,

Thank you for responding. Strangely, unlike my other visuals on other tiles, i cannot see any tile handles, regardless of where I click.  This seems to oddly only be on my matrix visual.  Other non-matrix visuals I can do as you described.

Thank you again,

Jeff

have you pinned the page rather than the visual?

Hi lbendlin,

That was it!  I went back to the visual itself and pinned it to a new dashboard and it is aligned top.  

Thank you!

Jeff

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.