Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

RLSid17
Helper III
Helper III

Matrix Visual Export to Excel Columns

Hi,

I have a Matrix visual that I would like to export the data with the same look as the visual:

RLSid17_0-1672839892482.png

But when I exported it, it does not look like the ones from the visual where there are columns, instead, they became rows. 

RLSid17_1-1672840012243.png

This is what the table source looks like but would it be possible to be the same as the Matrix visual?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @RLSid17 ,

No you can't as this shows the calculation you are trying to represent on the matrix visual.

One thing you can do is rename to a sensible name like Grouped Response rather than First Grouped Response in your matrix visual. This needs to be done in PBI Desktop and then publish report again to PBI service to export the matrix data.

Pragati11_0-1672842225579.png

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

HI @RLSid17 ,

Just publish your report to power BI service and there you will get option to export your matrix visual as it is.

See below the matrix visual I have:

Pragati11_0-1672840756316.png

Once I export data:

Pragati11_1-1672840785359.png

I get an option to export it using Current layout:

Pragati11_2-1672840825177.png

The exported data is exactly same as matrix visual:

Pragati11_3-1672840851995.png

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thanks! This works but I have one query, would it be possible to remove the columns (highlighted in yellow) as I'm aiming it to be as simple as possible for reporting purposes:

RLSid17_0-1672842053355.png

HI @RLSid17 ,

No you can't as this shows the calculation you are trying to represent on the matrix visual.

One thing you can do is rename to a sensible name like Grouped Response rather than First Grouped Response in your matrix visual. This needs to be done in PBI Desktop and then publish report again to PBI service to export the matrix data.

Pragati11_0-1672842225579.png

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Thank you so much for the quick response! Initially, I was trying to export using the summarized data but never though to use Data with current layout.

Hi @RLSid17 ,

I am glad that my suggestion helped here. 🙂

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

Appreciate your Kudos!!

FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @RLSid17 

Indeed the export from Matrix Visual is Table.

Table is good for further processing. 

To get Matrix Tables, you can pivot it as pivot table in excel or pivot it in Power Query. 

How can I pivot using Power Query?

Idrissshatila
Super User
Super User

Hello,

Are you exporting it in this way, by clicking the three dots od the matrix then export data?

I usually do it this way and it works good.

Idrissshatila_0-1672840658521.png

If I answered your question, please mark my post as solution so it would appear to others, Appreciate your Kudos👍

Follow me on Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.