Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Slavi
Frequent Visitor

Matrix Values Issue

Hello PBI community!

I am having an issue with a matrix visual.

So, I have a PBI report which I have been developing for a while now, I need to make a change to a matrix visual that I have already created.

The matrix has the folowing values:
Rows - Name (string)

Columns - Month (date)

Values - RAG (string)

I want to change the RAG string column with another one with the data type string, but for some reason it doesn't allow me to put any type of column in the "Values" field. 
I even tested with creating a brand new matrix with other similar columns from my other tables but the same result, PBI is not letting me put any columsn in the "Values" field. On top of that it is not giving me any errors or other indications what I am doing wrong.

I decided to go back to an older version of my report and see if it works there, and it did! It did let me create a matrix with the values I needed.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, how did you fix the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Slavi , I have not faced this in Nov 2021, in latest release. If you are still facing you check for issues or log a new one - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Slavi , I have not faced this in Nov 2021, in latest release. If you are still facing you check for issues or log a new one - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

@amitchandak , I am still using the May version of PBI. I will try to update it to the new one, though, I have reverted to a previous version of my report which is on the May one as well and it is not appearing to have the same issue. 😞

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.