Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Tannasgh

Matrix Column Totals Disappear when Row Totals are turned off

I am using the Matrix visualization in combination with a slicer to show amounts for each of several years worth of data. When the Row Totals are on the Column Totals show the way they should, however when I turn off the Row Totals, the Column Totals disappear as well even though under the Format --> General the Column Totals are set to "On." Any ideas on what I am doing wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

*Newbiesque Sheepish Grin*

I just realized that I should be using the Table Visualization and not the Matrix Visualization. Found this out by accidentally dragging it on instead of the Matrix. Learning through failure is awesome. Thanks for your replies.

Smiley Tongue

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Tannasgh This may just be a clarification thing. When you set the "Row" totals to off - the totals at the bottom of the matrix are removed. (the last row)

The "Column" total is at the very end of the report as the final column in the report...

Is it just a matter of leaving "row" on and turning "column" off?

I can't seem to replicate any issue in my quick testing...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

*Newbiesque Sheepish Grin*

I just realized that I should be using the Table Visualization and not the Matrix Visualization. Found this out by accidentally dragging it on instead of the Matrix. Learning through failure is awesome. Thanks for your replies.

Smiley Tongue

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.