Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jwhy
Regular Visitor

M Script - Conditional Formula with Nested IF OR AND

Hi,

I'm fairly new to Power BI so seeing if someone can help me with my script or if the issue lies in my data.

The formula i'm trying to create and having issues with is located on the second line. If Fiscal Year doesn't equal 2020 and 2017, and Account Code equals 527990, then insert 0. Without this line, I don't have any issues, but when I insert (2020 or 2017), I get the error below.

There are no blanks in Fiscal Year, and both Data Types are consistent of Whole Numbers.

help.png

help2.png

Help is appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Whoops sorry I focussed on the error only.

The logic now doesn't make sense, because the OR part always evaluates to True. A year is always either not 2020 or not 2017.

Make that or statement an and statement, that should help.

Alternatively write out your logic and provide us with sample data and we can help you out:)

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The problem is in the (2020 or 2017) part. the OR operator expects two seperate comparisons, not a summation of elements.

Try this

else if ([Fiscal Year]<>2020 or [Fiscal Year]<>2017) and .....

Kind regards

Djerro123

-------------------------------

If this answered your question, please mark it as the Solution. This also helps others to find what they are looking for.

Kudo's are welcome 🙂

Thanks for the explanation and solution Djerro, it solved the error issue however I think due to my "not" <> operator and order of things, it's spitting out results i'm not looking for. I tried to just target the combination of Fiscal Year and Account Code for each year, i.e. Fiscal Year 2018 and Account Code #### then 0, but still not getting the correct results.

Will play around more and update if I find a solution.

JarroVGIT
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Whoops sorry I focussed on the error only.

The logic now doesn't make sense, because the OR part always evaluates to True. A year is always either not 2020 or not 2017.

Make that or statement an and statement, that should help.

Alternatively write out your logic and provide us with sample data and we can help you out:)

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.