Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sfog
Advocate II
Advocate II

Looking for Admin API to get all disabled scheduled refreshes

Hi

Does anyone know of an Admin API to get all disabled scheduled refreshes?

We had an outage and many scheduled refreshes were automatically disabled becaused they failed 4 times.

I am looking for an API that can list all datasets where the scheduled refresh was automatically disabled.

It has to be an admin API as I need to access all workspaces in the organisation.

I have gone through most of the Admin APIs but they all retrned refresh status "Failed" and not "Disabled" as expected.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
sfog
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi

I managed to implement a workaround for this.

Note that scheduled refresh can be disabled by Microsoft in two situations: (a) 4 consecutive failures or (b) the report not being used for a period of time. As a workaround, this will identify the former:

API: Admin – Get Refreshables API.

Test for the following condition:

• RefreshFailures>=4 and
  • refreshType is “Scheduled” and
  • status is “Failed” and
  • enabled is “false”

Regards 

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
sfog
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi

I managed to implement a workaround for this.

Note that scheduled refresh can be disabled by Microsoft in two situations: (a) 4 consecutive failures or (b) the report not being used for a period of time. As a workaround, this will identify the former:

API: Admin – Get Refreshables API.

Test for the following condition:

• RefreshFailures>=4 and
  • refreshType is “Scheduled” and
  • status is “Failed” and
  • enabled is “false”

Regards 

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hi @amitchandak 

Thanks for your post however I do not see anything relevant in the URL you posted. Am I missing something? 

The URL you posted refers to cacnelling a refresh and references API tools etc. 

I don't have a problem running APIs - I just cannot see an Admin API that can report what I need.

Thx

Seanan
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @sfog 

I'm not the most knowledgeable with the Admin API's but I've done some digging and unfortunately I haven't been able to find an API that can return all disabled scheduled refreshes for a workspace. 

However, I've found some Microsoft documentation pages that may be of use. Sadly it does require a bit of manual overhead.

Help1 

Help1 

Hi @Seanan - thanks but neither of those are Admin APIs. See my original post for reasons why it has to be an Admin API. 

Seanan
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@sfog Apologies, would this be more useful? Help3

No Seanan - the status is "Failed" in this API.

Seanan
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Ah I was hoping maybe the "enabled": true, would be of some use (If it says false then the refreshing would be disabled).

As I don't know too much about this topic, I'll leave this topic to someone with more knowledge. 

Hope you manage to find the answer you're looking for.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.