Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Link a date range selector to a nested column graph

Good afternoon

My goal is to link a date picker to the graph I have created.

RWRW_1-1659600306094.png

As you can see I have a combo where I can select the different lines and this one works without problem. On the other hand, when I move the date range, the columns in the graph are not updated.

The table from which the date data comes out is created as follows:

Calendar =

where _cal = CALENDAR(MIN('tabla1'[Fecha1_TIMESTAMP]), Max('tabla1'[Fecha2_TIMESTAMP]))
return
ADDCOLUMNS(_cal,"Year", YEAR([Date]), "Month Num", MONTH([Date]), "Month Name", FORMAT([Date], "mmmm"))

- For the date picker, I have the following measure created:

InDateRange =
0 - Not in range
1 - is in range
Where _rangeStart =
FIRSTDATE ( 'Calendar'[Date] )
Where _rangeEnd =
LASTDATE ( 'Calendar'[Date] )
RETURN
IF (
SELECTEDVALUE ( tabla1[Fecha1_TIMESTAMP - DATE] ) >= _rangeStart
&& SELECTEDVALUE ( tabla1[Fecha2_TIMESTAMP - DATE] ) <= _rangeEnd
&& SELECTEDVALUE ( tabla1[Fecha2_TIMESTAMP _TIMESTAMP - DATE] ) <> BLANK(),
)

Thank you for your help

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Syndicate_Admin , based on what I got. For this the date table should not join with table or you should add +0 to your mesure

Good morning

You could explain it to me a little more, I have little in this world of Power Bi and I do not understand what you want to tell me.

Thank you so much

Also comment that the configuration of the graph on the x axis and on the y axis is as follows.

RWRW_0-1659661012851.png

* When I put the measure InDateRange in the filters of the page

RWRW_1-1659662587081.png

RWRW_2-1659662640377.png

The graph appears empty to me. When I move the date picker, in the upper left margin of the graph it appears for a second as data is loaded and also the record counter moves according to the selection but I do not see the columns of the selected lines.

* On the contrary if I do the same but the measure I put it to 0, the columns appear but their size does not change depending on the date range seccionado. In this case also the record counter is moved according to the selection of dates made and in the graph also appears in the upper left margin the data loading icon for a second but as I say the size of the columns is not modified.

RWRW_3-1659662914815.png

I hope I have clarified something else.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.