Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vbourbeau
Resolver II
Resolver II

Line chart type continuous gray out

vbourbeau_3-1623087723696.png

Hi  look at the above graph. I use Year/WeekNum as X axis. It works ok but powerBi adds a scroll bar.

I want to see it on one page? I know that the feature "continuous" on the X axis must do the job but I can't select it.

Furthermore, If I only use Week num the result is ok I see it all on one page but the week isn't in the correct order since the end is week 52, it must the actual week in 2021 and the start in 2020.

vbourbeau_2-1623087691538.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @vbourbeau ;

If this is the case, you could  set the Minimum category width and enlarged visiual width in visualizations as well.as following picture shows:

vyalanwumsft_0-1623915349159.pngvyalanwumsft_2-1623915390527.png

Because if it is a number type and it is not categorical, it will be arranged in numerical order, and the missing numbers will be filled in, so I think the above method is more appropriate.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team_ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @vbourbeau ;

If this is the case, you could  set the Minimum category width and enlarged visiual width in visualizations as well.as following picture shows:

vyalanwumsft_0-1623915349159.pngvyalanwumsft_2-1623915390527.png

Because if it is a number type and it is not categorical, it will be arranged in numerical order, and the missing numbers will be filled in, so I think the above method is more appropriate.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @vbourbeau ;

You could new a column  by the following formula:

rank = RIGHT(YEAR([Date]),2)&"-"&IF(LEN(WEEKNUM([Date]))=1,"0"&WEEKNUM([Date]),""&WEEKNUM([Date]))

then add it to x-axis; and sort by rank:

v-yalanwu-msft_1-1623293966954.png

The final output is shown below: 

v-yalanwu-msft_0-1623293879253.png

Best Regards,

vbourbeau_0-1623327124722.png

Still gets the scroll bar. 

I notice that if the X axis is numeric the scroll bar disapear. But Power Bi short it by numeric order where is'nt what I'm looking for.

hi, @vbourbeau ;

If you want the x-axis to be numeric, you can change dax to:

rank = CONVERT(YEAR([Date])&IF(LEN(WEEKNUM([Date]))=1,"0"&WEEKNUM([Date]),""&WEEKNUM([Date])),INTEGER)

If it not solved, please provide me with more details about your problem or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data.

Best Regards,
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Yes it's working but we get a gap between the weeknum 53 and 1, since we pass from 202053 to 202101.

vbourbeau_0-1623414566685.png

Hi, @vbourbeau ;

Can you share a screenshot of your data date or share me with your pbix file after removing sensitive data. Because you could see from my pbix, the largest weeknum in 2020 is 53, So I'm not sure what your problem is.

v-yalanwu-msft_0-1623720229299.png

I use your pbx. Look at the graph we get 202060 202080. But the week 60 and 80 didn't exist. A year only have 52 weeks.

vbourbeau_0-1623759174421.png

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ae you using a date table?

as regards your second issue, can you explain further (perhaps show a depiction of the expected outcome)?

thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

Yes I use a date table. The second graph isn't an issue I just show that is I only use week number as X axis we can see the graph without the scroll bar as I want. But the order must be something like that.
23-24-25-26....52-1-2-3-4-5... 22. You understand. As we are the 23th weeks the graph must start with 2020 week 23 and end with 2021 week 22. It's the outcome I'm looking for.
I want to make the first graph enter in a "no scolling bar graph".

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.