Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find everything you need to get certified on Fabric—skills challenges, live sessions, exam prep, role guidance, and more. Get started

afaf

Licensing

Hi, Dear.

What license do I need to purchase to provide cloud dashboards to all my Microsoft 365 users in reading mode? Do I need the Server license?
Do all users need a Power BI license for this view permission?
The number of users who initially need edit access to the Power BI Dashboard is 3.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @afaf 

With a small number of users like this it is probably most cost-effective to purchase them all "Pro" licences.

If a "Pro" licence shares any content in the Power BI cloud other users need a "Pro" licence to view it.

"Free" Power BI licences can only view content shared with them on a "Premium Capacity", that works well for a large number of users (>500) but for smaller populations of users individual Power BI "Pro" licences are more cost-effective.

See : Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

Hope this helps

Stuart 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
afaf

Hi, @Burningsuit 

I can use a single PPU (Premium per User) license for sharing Power BI Dashboard with 50 users from my organization's using the free license.

Is this possible?

No, PPU does not allow access by free users, only a Premium Capacity organisational licence does that.

hope this helps

Stuart 

Burningsuit
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @afaf 

With a small number of users like this it is probably most cost-effective to purchase them all "Pro" licences.

If a "Pro" licence shares any content in the Power BI cloud other users need a "Pro" licence to view it.

"Free" Power BI licences can only view content shared with them on a "Premium Capacity", that works well for a large number of users (>500) but for smaller populations of users individual Power BI "Pro" licences are more cost-effective.

See : Pricing & Product Comparison | Microsoft Power BI

Hope this helps

Stuart 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

July 2024 Power BI Update

Power BI Monthly Update - July 2024

Check out the July 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

July Newsletter

Fabric Community Update - July 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.